Made in Japan.
The Kikuichi Elite Carbon knife line is well regarded by professionals for high-quality steel and easy re-sharpening. Virgin carbon produces the tightest grain structure possible in steel. For this reason, it can produce a sharper edge than any stainless steel alloy. When used on meats, fish, and most produce, the edge retention is better than stainless steel. When used on acidic foods like citrus and tomato, the edge will break down faster. These knives WILL take on a patina (grey color) and WILL rust if not thoroughly washed and dried after each use.
These single steel blades are tough and sharp. Carbon steel is the workhorse of the knife industry, in use for nearly a millennia it holds a super sharp edge and is easy to sharpen at home.
- SK-4 Carbon Steel. This is the preferred blade material of professional chefs the world over.
- It’s light, easy to sharpen and takes a very keen edge due to the fine grain structure of the steel.
- Blade may rust if left wet, this is NOT stainless steel.
- Eco wood handle
- Bevel angle ratio: 50:50
- Always hand wash and dry knives.
- Use caution when cutting anything that may contain bones, pits, seeds, hard pieces or was previously frozen
- Made in Japan