Made in Japan.
The Shun Classic Honing Steel is the perfect complement to your entire Shun Classic knife selection. Made of high-quality steel, this honing steel is designed to keep your blades in peak cutting condition between professional sharpening. It features two opposing sides that are grooved (for honing) and 2 opposing sides that are smooth (for polishing). The honing steel is very easy to use. To hone, place steel tip down on a sturdy surface and gently pull the blade down from heel to tip 3-4 times on the grooved sides; repeat on the other side. To polish, repeat the process on the smooth sides. This is a must-have for anyone who owns Shun Classic knives.
- 9-Inch Classic Combination Honing Steel by Shun
- Combination honing steel to maintain blade between sharpening; features 2 sides for honing, 2 sides for polishing
- Honing Steel features a black laminated PakkaWood D-shaped handle that provides maximum comfort
- Place steel tip down on a sturdy surface, gently pull the blade down from heel to tip 3-4 times and repeat on the other side
- Clean with a damp cloth and let air dry; Made in Seki City, Japan