Made in Germany.
For boning raw meats and poultry, this sharp boning knife from Wüsthof's moderately priced Gourmet line performs with perfection. Made in Solingen, Germany, home of Wüsthof since 1814, Gourmet blades are precision-cut by laser from sheets of high-carbon, stain-resistant steel, resulting in a slightly thinner profile and lighter weight than the company's revered forged steel blades. There is no bolster, but there is a full-tang. As with the more expensive Wüsthof Classic knives, Gourmet handles are made of a triple-riveted, black composite shaped to fit the hand comfortably.
The shorter of two boning knives, this one features a narrow, five-inch blade formed in the traditional S-curve with a very sharp tip. The blade on this particular model is on the stiff side, which makes it better for boning beef; Wüsthof's more flexible model excels at poultry. An excellent gift for any home chef, the knife is covered by a lifetime warranty and is dishwasher-safe, though Wüsthof recommends washing and drying its cutlery by hand. --Ann Bieri
- De-boning chicken or ham, trimming fat and sinews.
- The tapered, pointed blade is a necessity for working closely around joints.
- Tempered to 56⁰ Rockwell
- Comfortable and highly-durable polyoxymethylene (POM) handle with a traditional look and feel, stickered with our red Trident logo
- Incredibly sharp and easily maintained,
- Wüsthof Gourmet boning knife; 5-inch, narrow S-curve blade
- Laser-cut from high-carbon, stain-resistant German steel
- Full-tang, high-impact 3-rivet handle
- Long-lasting sharp edge for boning raw meats and poultry
- Made in Solingen, Germany; wash by hand; lifetime warranty