Made in Japan.
The traditional technique of swordmaking has been handed down from generation to generation to the present day. These techniques continue to be used to produce KASUMI knives, which explains their excellent cutting ability and hardness. KASUMI knives are worthy of being called a specialty of Seki.
- The main cutting blade of KASUMI knives is made of VG-10 high carbon stainless steel that has been developed especially for knives.
- The blades are hardened to Rockwell C59-60 degrees, and, therefore, keep a sharper cutting edge longer than any other knives.
- On both sides of the main cutting blade, fine Damascus stainless steel pattern is clad.
- The KASUMI pattern that you see on both sides of the knives is the result of repeated folding and folding of fine stainless steel into multiple layers.
- Each knife is carefully finished throughout each step of the manufacturing process by the hands of skilled craftsmen.
- The beauty of the KASUMI pattern together with the strong black laminated wooden handles makes these knives look graceful, yet strong, and good for any style of cooking.