Made in Japan.
The Shun Classic 4.5-Inch Honesuki Knife is designed to remove bones from fish, meat and poultry. The unique blade shape is perfect for maneuvering around bones and between joints, while its razor-sharpness makes removing breasts from bone easy and it cuts joint cartilage almost like butter. Scoring and trimming is a breeze too-and you can use the blade's spine for scraping. Shun Classic knife blades are made with solid core of VG-MAX steel and feature a 16 degree cutting angle on each side. The ebony D-Shape PakkaWood handles have that sleek, sophisticated look that makes these knives feel more like art, than instrument, and are specifically designed for premium applications. The specially shaped handles rest perfectly in the curve of the fingers, for a more secure grip while handles remain moisture resistant. The bolster is ground out more on the right side for proper finger placement, as well as balancing the knives perfectly. Precision blades and handle engineering mean long-lasting use and comfort-no matter how large or small your kitchen prep may be. Crafted in Seki City Japan, Shun Classics are forged in the tradition of samurai sword making. These heirloom quality knives will be a prized treasure you'll want to pass down to family for generations.
- 4 1/2-Inch Classic Honesuki Knife by Shun
- Handcrafted knife to remove bones from fish, meat and poultry; uniquely shaped to maneuver around and cut joints and cartilage
- Precision-forged high-carbon stainless-steel blade; proprietary VG-MAX steel cutting core holds a razor-sharp edge
- Knives are clad with16 layers of stainless steel to produce a rust-free Damascus look
- Durable D-shaped Pakkawood handle; comfortable offset steel bolster for comfortable grip to reduce fatigue