Made in Japan.
Hinoki is a type of Japanese cypress renowned for its beauty as well as its delicate, natural fragrance. Used in a cutting board, this medium-soft wood “gives” as you cut, helping to preserve the edges of your fine Shun cutlery. Quite simply put, hinoki is the perfect cutting surface for all your Shun knives. This larger size offers the right surface for all general-purpose cooking tasks.
The wood for Shun’s hinoki products is grown in Japan and is Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) Certified for sustainable forest management practices. In addition, all our hinoki products are made from wood resulting from forest thinning, which is required to maintain healthy growth.
Here are some tips for maintaining your Shun Hinoki Cutting Board:
- Wet cutting board before each use; this helps it resist staining
- Wash with mild detergent; towel dry, then let air-dry away from direct sunlight
- Do not put in the dishwasher
- Provides the right cutting surface to protect the fine edge of your Shuns
- Length & width: 17.75 in. x 11.75 in. (45.1 cm x 29.8 cm)
- Thickness: .75 in. (1.9 cm)