Made in Japan.
With each use of your premier knife, the razor-sharp edge naturally bends over just a tiny bit. The edge is still sharp, but the sharpest part isn't making contact with the food. The remedy is honing with the shun premier combination honing steel. The shun premier combination honing steel gently realigns the edge of your blade. It offers two honing surfaces: a smooth one for day-to-day honing, and a micro-ribbed one for weekly honing. By honing your edge regularly, you can go longer between actual sharpening's. The shun premier combination honing steel has an angle guide built into the handle, so you can easily hone your knives at the correct 16 degree shun angle. The premium walnut PakkaWood handle provides a secure grip and matches the handles of the rest of the beautiful shun premier line.
- 9-Inch premier combination honing steel by shun to maintain blade between professional sharpening
- Combination honing steel features smooth surface for everyday honing, micro-ribbed surface for weekly maintenance
- Walnut laminated PakkaWood d-shaped handle provides maximum comfort
- Place steel tip down on a sturdy surface, gently pull blade down from heel to tip 3-4 times and repeat on the other side
- Clean with a damp cloth and let air dry