Made in Germany.
Carving knives are designed to cut long thin slices of roast or poultry. The thin blade allows you to easily carve meats and large fruits. Wusthof Classic Ikon is a culmination of all the best features of each of the Wusthof knife lines. The combined riveted handle design is combined with a contoured shape to add comfort and control. The Classic Ikon adds a rear bolster that acts as a counterbalance when using the knife. This second bolster adds significant blade control. Classic Ikon has a unique forward bolster as well. The forward partial bolster is designed so you can sharpen the complete length of the blade. This bolster is also curved inwards to allow your fingers greater control while holding the knife by the blade. Located in The Cutlery Capital of the World, Solingen Germany, the Wusthof factory history goes back as far as 1814 when the company was listed with the Duchy of Berg. To this day, the company remains family owned. Throughout its history, Wusthof has focused almost solely on the manufacturing of forged knives for the professional chef and home cooking enthusiast. Wusthof uses a special blend of German steel throughout the whole length of the knife. The ingredients of this steel are proudly etched on each blade. Wusthof not only uses the best materials to make a fine knife, but it is also crucial that each blade is precisely tempered. This tempering allows the knife to hold its edge for an extremely long time, yet still be able to be maintained in your home kitchen without the need to be sent away for maintenance. Our unique compound angle is not seen in many knives. This angle tapers from the spine of the knife to the edge to allow for a sturdy, yet extremely sharp edge while it also tapers from the bolster to the tip to give the knife strength as well as flexibility.
- Comfortable partial bolster give protect while allowing you to sharpen the entire blade
- Contoured handles fit nicely in your hand for a comfortable secure grip
- High carbon German no-stain steel
- Compound tapered blade is laser tested for sharpness and the correct cutting angle
- 16 cms sandwich knife is small enough to peel yet large enough to slice
- Precision forged from single piece of high-carbon German stainless steel; laser-controlled and tested cutting edge
- Double bolsters provide heft and balance for effortless cutting; full tang extends through the handle
- Triple-riveted black handle with innovative contoured design for comfortable, secure grip
- Hand washing recommended; backed by lifetime warranty; made in Germany