Made in France.
The handcrafted oval shape of the flame top dutch oven / stewpot is designed to accommodate a variety of poultry and longer cuts of meat like pork roasts and tenderloins. Best of all, the cooking surface of flametop is easy to clean, safe for the dishwasher and the pots are 30% lighter than Cast Iron.
Emile Henry Flame Top cookware, a technological innovation. An innovation in ceramics technology, Emile Henry's new line of Burgundy Clay Flame-Top ceramics products work directly on a gas flame or an electric or halogen hob without a diffuser, without any fear of cracking or breaking. Much lighter, (30%), than many types of comparable metal cookware products, Flame-Top is microwave and dishwasher-safe, cleans up very easily, is extremely strong and durable, goes under the broiler, and can go directly from a freezer or a refrigerator to a hot oven to the table, where it will retain the cooking heat for a very long time. This recent innovation from Emile Henry is a break-through in ceramics technology. Unlike most metal cookware products, Flame-Top cookware can sit on a very hot open flame for an extended period of time without any ingredients in the cook pot, and they will not crack, discolor or break. Perfect for braising, browning and slow cooking due to the incredibly gentle heat distribution properties of Burgundy Clay, Flame-Top products cook evenly and thoroughly when used on top of the stove, in the oven or even in the microwave. Enhancing this gentle cooking action are raised dots on the underneath side of each lid that evenly distribute evaporated juices directly back into the cooking food. This self-basting technique produces a more thoroughly cooked, tender and moist dish than with traditional lids, which force liquids to run down the sides of the pot, and which contribute to uneven cooking. Emile Henry Flame-Top ceramic cookware is light and versatile, and better brings out the flavors of all cooked foods.
- Made of Burgundy clay, can be used directly on a gas flame, an electric or halogen hob without a diffuser and without any fear of cracking or breaking
- Oven, broiler, microwave safe, it can go directly from a freezer or a refrigerator to a hot oven to the table, where it will retain the cooking heat for a very long time
- Raised dots on the underneath side of each lid evenly distribute evaporated juices directly back into the cooking food produces a more thoroughly cooked, tender and moist dish
- 30 percent lighter than many types of comparable metal cookware products, Flame-Top is dishwasher-safe and cleans up very easily
- Can be left on an open flame, at high temperatures without any ingredients in the pot and the pot will not crack or break