Made in Japan.
This Kikuichi Kurouchi Carbon Steel Clad 6" Petty Knife is perfect for cutting fruits, vegetables, and meat. Kurouchi translates roughly to "rustic finish". The black oxide coating is produced during the heat treatment of the knife. When only the cutting edge of the blade gets polished in the final process, it gets called Kurouchi finish.
The KURO (means Black) series is a heavy ironclad knife that feels substantial in the hand while the Walnut handle is smooth and warm.
- White Carbon #2 core with soft black iron cladding gives this line it’s distinctive look. Heavy and solid these are a great workhorse of a knife. The Black oxide coating helps keep the blade from rusting.
- The black oxide coating is produced during heat treating, and only the cutting edge is polished, this is called a Kurouchi finish by our knife craftsmen.
- Hand engraved with the Kikuichi chrysanthemum logo.
- Blade may rust if left wet, this is NOT stainless steel.
- Traditional octagonal wa handle made of Walnut and water buffalo horn ferrule
- Bevel angle ratio: 50:50
- Always hand wash and dry knives.
- Use caution when cutting anything that may contain bones, pits, seeds, hard pieces or was previously frozen
- Made in Japan