Made in Japan.
This is a series of Japanese Grand Chef knives using Uddeholm's special alloy steel from Sweden.
The Grand Chef series achieve the three important functions for the first time. Extra razor-sharp, very light and surprisingly durable. The knife is 100% entirely made of this special highest-grade quality material by Bohler-Uddeholm with the lowest impurities, that is forged in Japan to get higher hardness about HRC 61~62. In addition to the better material, the blade is processed to get thinner for extra lightweight.
So the knife lasts a very long time (longer than others!) as some professional chefs gave feedback, "For the longest time I use it, I must have more understood the competitive advantage and sharpness durability and lightness of the Grand Chef." In addition, the steel makes hard, sharp cutting edges with surprisingly easy re-sharpening, like Japanese traditional knives made of "Hagane".
- Blade Steel Type: Top Class High Carbon Stainless Steel by Bohler-Uddeholm
- Blade Edge: Double-Edged (50/50 balanced) for both right and a left-handed person
- HRC (Hardness on Rockwell scale °C): 61-62
- Made in Japan
- Handwash in warm water and towel dry
- Do not cut frozen foods
- Use a sharpening stone, not a honing steel, to re-sharpen your knife.