Made in Japan.
Shun knives are a significant investment in superb craftsmanship and deserve the best storage possible. This bamboo block features 11 slots positioned horizontally, which keeps pressure off the extremely fine edges of Shun blades. The variety of slot sizes ensures all your Shun cutlery can be accommodated, from that large cleaver or santoku to small parers. There's even a hole for a sharpening steel and a lower opening for kitchen or poultry shears. Stable on its nonslip feet, the block is finished with a clear water-resistant finish that can be wiped clean.
Bamboo, a grass, grows so quickly that it has become popular as an eco-friendly, renewable replacement for slow-growing trees. Harder even than maple, bamboo makes excellent cutting boards, kitchen utensils, flooring, and countertops. Add in the attractive, natural variations in color and its tough, non-porous quality, and bamboo is clearly an excellent choice for products for the modern home.
- 11-slot bamboo knife block designed to hold Shun Asian-style cutlery
- Durable bonded-bamboo construction with a clear finish and nonslip feet
- The horizontal position of slots keeps pressure off fine blade edges
- Includes slots for wide knives, kitchen shears, and sharpening steel
- Bamboo is an earth-friendly, renewable resource tougher than wood