Made in Germany.
This specialty knife is for the sole use of cutting salmon and other fish ultra thin for lox and other fish cuts. The hollow edge allows for less resistance when cutting and blade release. Typical stamped knives are punched out like a cookie cutter. Wusthof Gourmet knives are Laser Cut. This intricate manufacturing process is superior to other "cookie cutter" methods as it is more precise and leaves the knives with less distortion. The Gourmet knives use the same steel that is used in our other more expensive knives. Wusthof uses a special blend of German steel through out the whole length of the knife. The ingredients of this steel are proudly etched on each blade. Wusthof not only uses the best materials to make a fine knife, but it is also crucial that each blade is precisely tempered.
- This 11" hollow salmon slicer is for cutting paper thin slices of fish for lox
- .Synthetic handles are compression riveted to the full tang of the blade
- Laser cut from High Carbon German "X50CrMoV15" No Stain steel
- Compound tapered blade is laser tested for sharpness and the correct cutting angle
- Made in "The Cutlery Capital of the World" Solingen Germany