Made in Germany.
Whether cutting crusty bread or a soft tomato, this sharp, serrated bread knife from Wüsthof's moderately priced Gourmet line performs with perfection. Made in Solingen, Germany, home of Wüsthof since 1814, Gourmet blades are precision-cut by laser from sheets of high-carbon, stain-resistant steel, resulting in a slightly thinner profile and lighter weight than the company's revered forged steel blades. There is no bolster, but there is a full-tang. As with the more expensive Wüsthof Classic knives, Gourmet handles are made of a triple-riveted, black composite shaped to fit the hand comfortably. The longer of two bread knives in the series, this one features a nine-inch blade and a distinctly sharp tip for piercing or spearing. Uses for the knife are many; in addition to bread and tomatoes, the serrated blade slices easily through large cakes, fruit cobblers, or quiche.
- Wusthof Gourmet bread knife; 9-inch serrated blade
- Laser-cut from high-carbon, stain-resistant German steel
- Full-tang, high-impact 3-rivet handle
- Long-lasting sharp edge for cutting bread, cake, fruit
- Made in Solingen, Germany; wash by hand; lifetime warranty
- Dimensions 13 x 2 x 1 inches