Made in Germany.
A moderately priced companion to Wüsthof's renowned Classic forged knives, this Gourmet series 10-inch bread knife slices through the largest crusty loaves. It has the same full-tang, three-rivet, virtually indestructible poly handle as Classic knives. Instead of being forged, however, Gourmet series blades are cut from steel sheets by precision lasers. That means they have no bolsters. But it also means they are perfectly shaped and fit their handles seamlessly. And the blades' high-carbon stainless steel is identical to that of Wüsthof's premium knives, only thinner. The knife is dishwasher-safe, but hand washing is recommended to protect its edge. --Fred Brack
- 10-inch confectioner's knife with a rounded tip and serrated blade
- Stamped from a single piece of high-carbon stainless steel
- Synthetic polypropylene handle riveted for durability
- Precisely tapered blade; made in Germany; hand wash for best results
- Measures approximately 15 by 1-1/2 by 1/2 inches
- Limited lifetime warranty