Made in Japan.
The Grand Chef series from Sakai Takayuki is a high-grade knife designed for professionals and is manufactured from Bohler-Uddeholm Swedish steel. This special steel alloy has very low impurities, is highly rust resistant and offers exceptional sharpness. The shape of each knife in the line is designed to maximize cutting performance as well as user comfort.
- Blade length 150 mm (5.9")
- Thickness at spine 1.7 mm
- Thickness at tip 0.6 mm
- Hardness (Rockwell scale) 58
- Blade Steel Type: Swedish High Carbon Stainless Steel
- Blade Edge: Double-Edged (50/50 balanced, available for left-handed-right-handed)
- Handle: Japanese-Style Hexagonal figure wood, Buffalo Tsuba equipped
- Handwash in warm water and towel dry
- Do not cut frozen foods
- Use a sharpening stone, not a honing steel, to re-sharpen your knife.